Interesting Facts about Organic Food
Organic food has more advantages than other foods, especially in the way the process of planting and harvest which retains its products to not use pesticide materials and other chemicals.
Organic food is food which is generally produced using integrated ecological processes. Technically, food or agricultural product has been produced through methods which integrate cultural practices, biological and mechanical which is in line with our resources and ecological balance and biodiversity. In an organic process, manure, sewage sludge, irradiation and genetic engineering cannot be used. For today we discuss interesting facts about organic food.
The term “organic” refers to the way farmers grow and process agricultural products, such as fruits, vegetables, grains, dairy products and meat. Specific requirements must be met and maintained that this product is labeled as “organic.” For a food to be labeled as organic, at least 95 percent of ingredients derived from plants shoud be organically produced.
Today, we heard about organic food, which already contained the supermarket shelves. But what is the different of organic foods and conventional foods?
Here we have interesting facts about organic food.
- Organic food has no harmful food additives, flavor enhancers, artificial sweeteners, preservatives or contaminants that have been linked to a number of health problems.
- Second interesting facts about organic food if it compared to conventional products, organic foods have up to 40 percent more antioxidants in fruits and vegetables organically. In milk, there are up to 90 percent more antioxidants in organic milk.
- There are a higher number of beneficial minerals such as iron and zinc in organic food. This mineral plays an important role in child development.
- Organic Labels in agricultural products ensure that the food is grown without the use of toxins such as pesticides or fertilizers.
- Organic livestock are produced without the use of synthetic hormones, antibiotics, genetic engineering or cloning and minimally processed without artificial ingredients, preservatives or irradiation.
- Although there is no evidence that organic foods taste better than conventional foods, some consumers say that organic tastes better. This is because usually organic foods such as fruits and vegetables looked fresh when purchased.
- Organic food is natural food. Next interesting facts about organic food is not all natural foods that are organically developed. Organic foods do not contain chemicals and are grown without the use of hybrid seeds. Organic food does not grow wild, but cultivated by specially trained farmers.
- Price of organic food is very expensive. It is the most interesting facts about organic food. The price of organic food is more expensive than normal food. This is due to the extra care costs for organic farming.
- Organic food is vegetarian. Most types of organic food products also include meat, dairy, and poultry. Organic meat obtained from livestock grazing sustainable and natural. Thus, their meat is not contaminated or toxic chemicals.
- Green’s organic. The interesting facts about organic food is green label is not the main criterion for determining organic food. Organic products typically have a license of a different quality assurance bodies from one country to another.
- Organic food for babies. Babies require a more healthy natural foods and fresh. Organic foods are one perfect option is for kids.
- The last interesting facts about organic food is healthy Unfortunately, there are no shortcuts to good health. Organic food is healthy, but the body also needs to move. Healthy diet and exercise is the best way to live healthier.